Thursday, March 17, 2011

A slap of reality

Well, Vegas is officially over. We're back in the swing of things. We got home Tuesday evening just in time to go to our soccer game at 8:00pm. We lost...of course...but that's ok. It's always good to get a little exercise time in. We still haven't had a chance to unpack or get our house put back together. It still looks like a tornado hit and didn't leave behind any facsimile of possible human existence. This morning we woke up and Justin's mom let us know some bad news: Harley (one of Justin's family dogs) died last night :( It makes me want to cry. I've never really had a pet that I've been real close with, but with Harley I just loved her to pieces! She was such a great dog and was like me in so many ways--the most prominent one was her neediness. She would cuddle up next to me and I'd get warm while petting her. It was a win-win situation for both of us. Harley was a golden lab. Gorgeous dog. She didn't like thunder or fireworks and chewed through several collars and fences to escape the sound. She was diagnosed with cancer in her ear this past week and waited until we got home to leave us. At least she went on her own terms. There is a poem I wrote dedicated to her. Enjoy it!

On a brighter note, Vegas was AMAZING! We all had a blast. We arrived Friday night, the 11th of March and checked in at the MGM Grand. We rode the roller coaster at New York New York, which was CLASSIC! We got a couple awesome pictures from that. We played around in the lazy river and went to one awesome show! If you ever make it to Vegas and want a great show to go to, I'd recommend a few: Donnie & Marie, Le Reve, and Cirque Du Soleil-Mystere! All three were wonderful (Cirque is the most fresh in my memory though). Justin got to play a part in Mystere. He was part of the pre-show act and was taken from his seat. It was great. We were all laughing at the comedy presented and awed by the talent of the performers. I had my first experience of gambling--I played the slots. Next time, I'll bring enough to play the tables, because that looked like a LOT more fun. haha! Or maybe I'll go back to my old ways of avoiding it at all costs. We ran into my best friend, Ashley and her boyfriend down there. We were staying at the same hotel. Random! But it was fun to meet up with them and have some lunch. We came home to rainy weather, but today should be decent and soccer practice will ensue. I'm just glad we didn't come home to school. That would have made this week even longer. Spring Break is here, but like all good things, it must come to an end.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!! I hope you're all wearing green so no one can pinch you!

Until next time, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment