Friday, May 6, 2011

Clear Divisions

Wow! That is really all I can say about how clearly defined the line is between elementary education and secondary education. Last night I had my ESL class and I sat down at a table with a couple of girls that seemed nice. One asked me my name and started carrying on a conversation...that is until she found out that I'm going into secondary ed and not elementary ed. She said, "so you don't know anyone in this class then, do you?" When I said no she ended the conversation and made it a point to not look at or associate with me the rest of the class. The other girls at the table did the same. When we were broken into groups of three, I didn't even hesitate to leave that table. The line was clear and I was not accepted. Simply because I am not going into elementary ed. Wow! We're all going to be teachers for heaven's sake...does it REALLY matter what grade? I had no idea the line was so defined until that conversation. I have now been informed. It's a shame they're making it that way. I thought they were nice. Oh well! Their loss :)

Other than that, school is evil. I don't mind going in the summer I don't think, but I really don't like these education courses so far. That worries me a little bit. I will say that last night's class was MUCH better than Tuesday nights...at least material wise. My teacher brought in the psychology application to education and that made me feel a little more at home. haha! I miss my psych and English classes. I wish I could have been able to get into a job with those without having to take education courses, but alas, there aren't many opportunities to become employed with those majors :)

It's Mother's Day weekend. Justin and I are going to MAKE something for our moms this year...YIKES! We're not exactly the creative types. We'll see how it turns out. I have two baby showers to go to as well and then a dinner Saturday night. I was going to have a race too, but the date was changed, so that opened my morning up a little more...well, except I filled it with going to my sister-in-law's soccer games! haha! Never a dull moment in this little gal's life!

Until next time--Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe those girls acted that way! No wonder they want to go into elementary education, they have the same mature level! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete